April 12, 2011


Lulu Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
This travel blog photo's source is TravelPod page: Abu Dhabi, UAE

Friday, 8th April 2011, ASMSI – UAE Chapter held it’s Summer-lympics at Lulu Island, also known as Al Lulu Island. A large man made island which is about 1050-acre located very close to Abu Dhabi Corniche. It was opened to the public 4 years ago on the same month with the objective of creating special experiences, combining entertainment with the cultural, recreational, fun and leisure elements.

I felt so excited thinking that I will be visiting an island of UAE for the first time that’s why even if Hubby came straight to work that day I beg him to come with me since there might not be another chance for us to visit it.

Along with all the attendees coming from Dubai and Northern Emirates we left the city at around 7:30 am and we reached the jetty near Emirates Heritage Village at around 9:30 am. From there we took a boat (10 persons per trip) that brought us to the island which cost 30AED per person.

They said Lulu Island, Abu Dhabi is a recreational paradise for tourists and locals which means it is a perfect tourist destination but the moment I stepped down the boat I was actually looking for that paradise. I expected so much, reason why I didn’t want to miss the chance of going there but to my dismay I didn’t saw any of the entertainment facilities and amenities except for the stretches of beach.

But anyway, the disappointment that I had was exchanged with a fun filled day. Though it was so hot that day yet the experience was really wonderful and I owe that to the AUH Adhoc Committee for their effort and commitment.

The event was one of the most memorable activities that we had for the last 3 years since ASMSI-UAE Chapter was founded. It brought so much joys and laughs to all.

It was started with the ligthing of the torch, followed by the warm up exercises and the games; fishing, treasure hunting, puzzle, tug of war, feet ball relay and volleyball. There were two teams the ODDictus and EVENessence and the winning team was ODD team.




0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails