April 28, 2011

I got married without even thinking that atleast I should know how to cook. It's a must for ladies to know how to cook, I've heard it many times from old folks even when i was still young. It is a requirement especially when they get married but what to do I was one of those who were not taught by their mom, I think it's because my mom was not a good cook either.

Three years after marriage Hubby had finally decided to come here in Dubai, and that was the same time when I was ready to welcome him with his fave main dish. Well it requires a lot of effort and patient to learn and ask somebody to help me out with the recipes of whatever food I prepare. Having to learn how to cook is one of my achievement here in Dubai, something that I could be proud to my mom but still I can't say that I will please my Hubby all the time with the food I prepare. Learning to cook is a skills which needs a contineous learning and though I already know how to cook there are certain times that Hubby doesn't like the food I cook and he is also too honest to say even infront of other flat mates that it doesn't taste good. It hurts somehow because I had my efforts on it though sometimes he was really right yet it's not proper to say "that I don't like what you prepared it doesn't taste good". He could have suggested to make it better next time and not to tell you bluntly how tasteless it was.

But anyway, I think it's also a part of married life that pleasing our spouses are not that easy as well.

My share for

Rodliz’s Nest


3 comments:

kimmyschemy said...

i think it's kind of constructive, he tells you what he thinks about your cooking so that you know what to do next time, lol! mine's HERE by the way..

tx sweetie said...

oh that's just so ouch ouch to tell the wife like that. i would be so hurt if i were you..but.. better luck next time as they say!

mine is up too, hope you take your time checking it out!
When He Doesn't Like The Food I Cook

Mommy Liz said...

Ay naku Sheng, totoong masakit pakinggan ang criticism lalo at sa hubby nating galing, but, come to think of it, dahil sa pag criticize nila, nag i improve naman ang cooking ability natin di ba? nakaka paluha, pero ganon talaga, honesty is the best policy..

Related Posts with Thumbnails