February 28, 2010

Wanna taste a home cooked Filipino meal? I bet every Filipino's abroad yearn for the real taste of home cooked Filipino meal. With that Filipino’s here in Dubai is thankful to ETA-Star Retail Group and Ongpauco for bringing Barrio Fiesta with their mouth watering cuisines from the Philippines. 2 ½ months after opening, I and hubby got the chance to visit Barrio Fiesta at the New Burjuman Center last Thursday night. It was not on the plan but I just thought of dining out coz I was so tired from an extended working hours and seems that I can no longer prepare for our meal that night. Most of the time we prefer to eat at the Old Burjuman Center food court where we used to order from the Chinese Restaurant but that day I thought of trying the food from Barrio Fiesta.

Well, I was attracted with the design of the restaurant; the authentic materials and decoration which I guess the owner have ordered it from the Philippines and the main arch is made entirely from pearl.

The restaurant is full when we arrived so we waited for some minutes and when one table was vacated the crew instructed us to occupy it and we were given a menu. So hubby ordered for nilagang bulalo and inihaw na hamour with rice. No starter anymore, I was starving since noon time and I want solid food to fill my empty stomach right away. The food was great esp the grilled hamour. Thought of coming back there to try "kare kare"...

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails