October 31, 2009

The Safe & Sound Pink Walkathon is an annual charitable, non-competitive event aimed at raising both awareness and funds for breast cancer.

I was a first timer participant of this event and i was so surprised of the numbers of people who participated. I felt so glad by simply looking at them taking few steps to fight for breast cancer. I myself, can say that i'm not really conscious about breast health maybe because i'm not a mom yet coz what i know women tend to learn about it when they begin breastfeeding their baby.



See those thousands of women, men and children who participated the 3.6km walk.

3 comments:

sweet_shelo said...

wow first time I've see such big crowd of pink.. Pink walkathon.. That's a great way to walk together..

Hi sis.. Thanks for addding me.. I have added ur link too in my favorite blogs..=)

Mommy Liz said...

Sheng, just an FYI, di lang mommies ang nagkaka breast cancer. It can happen to a single without kids woman too. Just a precaution, yo can do a self breast exam, or if you are feeling something, check with your doctor. I had my mammogram last May just to make sure since I been having pain on my breast, but it turned out normal, now I can breathe..

sheng said...

@sweet_shelo: yeah dear i wasn't expecting such big crowd too...and it was really great to see many filipino's there...survivors and supporters of this campaign..

@Mom of Four: yes po mommy liz....alam mo bang through that event saka pa lang ako nagkaroon ng interest para magpacheck up at magself breast exam....

Related Posts with Thumbnails