February 12, 2014

Pregnant or Not Pregnant?


I don't know what to really expect from having this menstrual period delay for the first time in my life. Hubby and I are hoping that I am already pregnant. After that series of medication since November 2013 to January 2014, all that we are praying is hopefully I am finally having our Little Angel in my tummy. But that is something I am not really sure also. Since 2009 I was diagnosed of having a Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)is a disorder that is caused by having excessive male hormones. All women produce some male hormones (or androgens) but women with PCOS produce higher levels of androgens. This can cause the ovaries to malfunction and keep her from ovulating. Normally during ovulation a woman will produce several follicles, but one will become the dominant follicle that is released during ovulation. Women with PCOS instead produce many small follicles, but because of the extra androgens none of them fully mature. Because she is not able to ovulate, her cycles may become irregular.

Chances are so little but all we can do is hope and pray.



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails